Get a list of all developers registered within a period of time

sharped
Participant II

Hi,

I was using the List Developers API (https://apidocs.apigee.com/management/apis/get/organizations/%7Borg_name%7D/developers) to get data about registrations. This was working fine until we reached the point where more than 1000 developers have registered in our developer portal, now I can't get the whole list of developers, just a slice of 1000 of the registered users.

In fact that isn't currently the data that I need, I just need to be able to get data about the developers that signed up in a particular calendar month. Is there a mechanism by which is can do this task simply (either by API or in an interface)?

Solved Solved
0 4 315
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sharped
Participant II

So after some help from our Apigee contacts I understood that the solution is to use the API with the startkey option. If you call the API and get the 1st 1000 results you can then take the email address of the last entry in the list and put that into the startkey parameter for your next call - then you will get the next <1000 entries starting from that developer. While it means that you will count that developer twice (unless you take steps to deduplicate), using this approach you can get all of the registered developers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@sharped , Which Developer Portal of Apigee are you using ? If you are using Drupal based Apigee Developer Portal, I have a solution for you.

Keep me posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn
Subscribe to channel to stay updated with Apigee New Features in 4 Minute Videos.

I have tried to get a solution for this question, nothing is available OOTB so I though maybe we can write a small scriptusing Management APIs. So I am interested to know the Drupal solution.

Hi [Anil Sagar],

I am using the Drupal developer portal. I will probably use the API solution that I have posted but I would be interested in knowing how it can be done using the developer portal.

sharped
Participant II

So after some help from our Apigee contacts I understood that the solution is to use the API with the startkey option. If you call the API and get the 1st 1000 results you can then take the email address of the last entry in the list and put that into the startkey parameter for your next call - then you will get the next <1000 entries starting from that developer. While it means that you will count that developer twice (unless you take steps to deduplicate), using this approach you can get all of the registered developers.