OpenAPI 3 support

From this support question I got the impression that Apigee Edge should have support for OpenAPI 3.0 by now, but uploading the petstore example through my trial account to create a reverse proxy I get the following error: "Unable to identify the Swagger version or the Swagger version is unsupported".

When can we expect OpenAPI 3.0 support in Apigee Edge.

Solved Solved
1 15 3,034
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Support for generating proxies from OpenAPI v3 should be available in production now.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Not applicable

I concur. I've written an API specification in OAS3, which the editor appears to fully support and was surprised to get the same error attempting to generate an API proxy.

We're also interested in this, especially for the better OAuth2 support, and additional information support, such as variables in server names as well as being able to list multiple servers.

@marshg@google.com Might be able to help, Marsh any thoughts ?

We added OpenAPI v3 support for the new SmartDocs beta for the integrated developer portal in our cloud service, and we're working on bringing that to general availability. We anticipate that proxy creation should follow a similar timeframe, so my best guess is early next year if not sooner.

Any possibility of getting early access if there is an alpha or development version supporting OAS3 for proxy creation? It's a little painful having to downgrade our OAS3 specifications for the purpose of proxy creation. There seems to be no tooling to automate doing that. (And if you or anyone knows of such a tool, please speak up!)

Any update on when OAS 3 will be supported?

pande

@marshg@google.com: Any Update on OAS 3.0 . When will be it available for GA.

@marshg@google.com Any update on OpenAPI 3.0?

We don't generally comment on availability dates because there's always a chance of something unpredictable along the way. However, this is a story we've been working on and hope to make it available soon. I'll update this thread when I have good news, thanks!

Support for generating proxies from OpenAPI v3 should be available in production now.

Thanks for the update, that is excellent news. Importing my OpenAPI 3 specification worked so far, but I haven't been apply to really test the proxy yet.

Thanks for the update! Am I safe in assuming that this is only on the cloud service right now? When can we expect this to be available on Edge for Private Cloud?

Any further information on this topic? OpenAPI 3.1 spec is only a month or two away and will include important updates (like compliance with JSON Schema 2019-09).

The 3.1 spec has not even reached a release candidate, so must tooling vendors are waiting for the actual launch. We'll evaluate the effort to support as it gets closer to a GA release.

Understood regarding OAS 3.1. I was more looking for a follow up on full support of OAS 3.0 - and maybe some rough guidance on support of 3.1 (e.g. anticipated 2020-Q4). You may have released full 3.0 support and I just missed the announcement.