edgemicro aware apiproxy deployment using apigee-deploy-maven-plugin

pengdu30
Participant II

For edgemicro aware apiproxy is XML declaration standalone="yes" has any impact to how apiproxy behaves?

The reason why I'm asking is when testing using apigee-deploy-maven-plugin to deploy edgemicro aware apiproxy I found out in the generated xml file under target/apiproxy/proxies and target/apiproxy/targets folder the default.xml file standalone="yes" was removed and also new line was missing after XML declaration. In source folder apiproxy/proxies and apiproxy/targets standalone="yes" was added and new line was also included after XML declaration. As long as this has no function impact, no real need to fix the plugin.

For example here is the default.xml in folder apiproxy/proxies:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<ProxyEndpoint name="default">

Here is the default.xml in folder target/apiproxy/proxies looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ProxyEndpoint name="default">

0 2 189
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Peng,

Copy to target folder is being done using "maven-resources-plugin" and as per my knowledge there is no functional impact with missing "standalone" attribute

Thanks @Vidheer Gadikota for looking into this. Based on my testing, the plugin will use the config and generate the contents using javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMSource in the target folder (CI) and then publish the contents in target folder to Apigee Edge (CD). I can reproduce the issue in my local, but if this has no fucntional impact then really no need to fix this in the plugin code.