Menu Bar Path absolute instead of path

rogerlee
Participant I

In the integrated portal menu bar, we would like to put absolute URL instead of relative path. The reason is we want to link some of our pages e.g. terms and conditions and help to external parent website.

It seems its impossible to do that at the moment. Any workaround?

0 2 187
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for the request--we've added a story to our backlog to track this. There isn't a good workaround at this time.

What else might you want to include for external links? I can imagine a link to a meetup page/calendar, a Medium blog, or a Stack Overflow tag.

When we address this, we expect to add a blank target to force opening in a new tab. Ok? And if there is a visual indication (like an arrow) to show that it opens a new tab, good?

Also, because you mentioned terms and conditions, how will that work with the create account / login flow, which has links to local pages? I'm guessing you need control over that experience, too?

Options to open in new tab, new window or in same window will be good if configurable.

There are many uses case that this can fits into as you mention, plus other custom reactJS 🙂

Create account / login flow, yes, will be good to have option to local pages or external website.