API design

Hello all - I am trying to create same set of API Proxies for 2 different ERP systems how do I name them and group them in a product, what would be the best approach ?

Something like - Proxies 1,2 and 3 hitting 2 different systems (say, Oracle and SAP)

0 2 159
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Rishabh,

If I understand your use case correctly, you have 3 different proxies which are hitting 2 different backends. Something like 1S, 2S and 3S along with 1O, 2O and 3O. Correct?

From a naming and product perspective, you could manage these in a few different ways.

One approach would be to name them differently for your backend. For example Product A could have 1S, 2S and 3S and Product B could have 1O, 2O and 3O.

However another way you could facilitate this would be to only have 1 Product. Product A would have Proxies 1, 2 and 3. You could then create a custom attribute that points to your different backends. Depending on the customer, APP or API Key, you can dynamically direct the proxy to the appropriate backend within the same API Product.

I'd also recommend reading Making Sense of API Product Configuration for additional perspective.

Chris

Thanks Chris, this helps !