stackdriver extension latency

recepcetin
Participant I

Stackdriver extention for logging to stackdriver is adding about 140-180ms latency for our api´s. I am wondering if I am the only one experiencing this issue? or have misunderstood the purpose of the extension.

Is 140-180ms added latancy acceptable, especially since it cannot be added as a postclientflow - I mean, its more than our backend latency. A bit confused.

1 7 472
7 REPLIES 7

That is expected to have latencies when using extensions. Extensions are deployed as separate units in cloud.

Extension policy execution time = communication time to a deployed Stackdriver extension + Stackdriver extension code execution time + communication time from extension to Stackdriver API + Stackdriver API execution time.  

We are working on enabling extension callout policy in postclientflow.

Would be helpful if the execution was async or executed at post-client-flow though.

Hi Akhi, any timeline when this feature will be enabled by Apigee. As we have huge requirements from clients to log data into stackdriver. But due to added latency of the ECP the response time is increased, which is not a good sign for the customers.

@akhimich Is there an ETC on allowing Extension Callout in the PostClientFlow?

The next major Apigee Edge Cloud release should have it.

It seems unacceptable to me!

Depends on the requirements. What is the use-case you have?