Access to Api Product on request

sudhap
Participant III

Hi All,

I was working on access restrictions on API Products and was given a requirement as follows:

• Restrict a particular developer from an API Product and give him/her access to use it only by request and the approval would be from administrator

Using the DevConnect Limit API Product by Role ,I could restrict the access wrt role,but is there any way possible to restrict the developer individually.

Thank You

0 4 155
4 REPLIES 4

sidd-harth
Participant V

May I know what type of restriction is required?

Generally one way can be done through a Developer Portal.

While creating Product we have an option of Key approval. It needs to be set to Manual.

In Developer Portal when Developer creates an App and associates it with the Product, an email/request will be sent to the API Manager/Admin to check the request & approve it. Then the developer will get the Keys.

7621-prodcut.jpg

sudhap
Participant III

No,actually i have 2 products API 1 and API 2,API 1 is accessible to all the users. but access to API 2 is given to administrators usually, but in some cases ,access to API 2 should be given to a non administrator too. Is this possible

Sorry, I am not clear on your question, you are saying 2 products and then mentioned API1,2.

Products are different from APIs, so please re-phrase your question.

sudhap
Participant III

I have 2 API products named,"Decooda" and "Principal" . Now ,from the configurations available from drupal developer portal ,via DevConnect Limit API Product by Role ,I could restrict non administrators(authenticated,anonymous users ) from accessing Principal(Only administrators can access both Decooda and Principal,others can only access Decooda). Now my requirement is to give non administrators (authenticated and anonymous users) a chance to request for access to the API Product "Principal" which is to be approved by the administrators. Is it possible?(In my previous comment,API1,2 refer the names of the API Products . Sorry for the confusing and bad naming ).