Reprocess failed Messages/transactions

risinha
Participant I

Is there a way to reprocesses the failed messages which failed because of any Technical issues during initial processing ?

I mean if due to any technical issues a service callout returns a error response or if the service itself is simply down can we set an auto-retry to resend the same request data again to that service when it is up and ready without manual intervention or it is expected to just trigger the same transaction again from the start ?

0 3 401
3 REPLIES 3

which messages and which processing?

Apigee Edge is an HTTP proxy server. It does not queue messages.

It responds to messages synchronously.

If you want to "replay" messages then you would need to augment Apigee Edge with a message queue of some kind.

I meant if due to any technical issues a service callout returns a error response or if the service itself is simply down can we set an auto-retry to resend the same request data again to that service when it is up and ready without manual intervention or it is expected to just trigger the same transaction again from the start ?

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @Rishabh Sinha, AFAIK we cannot auto-retry in a Service Callout Policy. But when you work with Target Servers & LoadBalancer, there we have options of Retry/Fallback.

Have a look at this doc/loadbalancer options,

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/deploy/load-balancing-across-backend-servers#top_of_page