Unable to start edgemicro after upgrade

Not applicable

Hi,

I have upgraded edgemicro Apigee gateway from 2.5.16 to 2.5.26 on centos7.

went through the steps provided in the doc. The upgrade seems to have completed successfully.
When i check for edgemicro status it shows 2.5.26 (upgraded version).
When i try to start the apigee microsgateway in debug, it shows as if everything is fine, even in the logs it shows nothing. But when i try to check the edgemicro gateway it shows edgemicro is not running.

""edgemicro status

current nodejs version is v8.11.2

current edgemicro version is 2.5.26

edgemicro is not running.""

can someone help on this, how to sort out the issue?

Thanks,
Sampath

0 10 461
10 REPLIES 10

I have same issue when doing a fresh install of edgemicro 2.5.26.

After saw this post, I did a fresh install of edgemicro 2.5.16 and it works fine. Then I did update edgemciro to 2.5.26 and also upgrade to the latest version of the edgemicro-auth proxy and it works for me after the upgrade.

What could be the issue after fresh install of edgemicro 2.5.26 causing it cannot verify or start? Here is the error I have:

info: jwk_public_keys download from null returned 200 undefined warning: jwt_public_key download from https://pengdu30-eval-test.apigee.net/edgemicro-auth/publicKey returned 404 Not found warning: error downloading config, please check bootstrap configuration Error: Not found

Former Community Member
Not applicable

To upgrade the runtime of Microgateway, you probably stopped it. What happens when you start MG?

@srinandans While I start the Microgateway i found no errors in logs, but the service is not starting.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Can you please paste the startup command the console output when you start it?

Hi Srinandans,

Below is the startup command that i have used,

edgemicro start -o <org> -e <env> -k <k> -s <s>

below is the output :

current nodejs version is v8.11.2

current edgemicro version is 2.5.26

info: jwk_public_keys download from null returned 200 undefined

info: jwt_public_key download from https://<org>-<env>.apigee.net/edgemicro-auth/publicKey returned 200 OK

info: products download from https://<org>-<env>.apigee.net/edgemicro-auth/products returned 200 OK

info: config download from https://edgemicroservices-us-east-1.apigee.net/edgemicro/bootstrap/organization/<org>/environment/<e...; returned 200 OK

PROCESS PID : 11564

logging to /var/tmp/<log_name>-api.log

Checking for change in configuration

Former Community Member
Not applicable

MG seems to have started successfully. Why do you think the service is not running?

When i check for status, it says edgemicro not running,as shown in the below image

7591-edgemicrostatuserror.png

Left with no clue, what and where is the issue.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Edgemicro status will only work from the same folder as where you issued the start command.

If it run “ls -la” and you see a edgemicro.sock file then you are in the right folder tocrun status.

Not applicable

Thanks @Peng Du for the response.

There is no problem in jws_keys..its returning the certificate being used if we start the edgemicro in debug mode.

I see no errors in logs even, so finding difficulty to resolve this.

Below are the steps that i have performed.

npm upgrade edgemicro -g

edgemicro upgradeauth -o org -e env -u username

edgemicro reload -o [org] -e [env] -k [key] -s [secret]

let me know if I miss any step.

Thanks,

Sampath

Here is the steps I followed to install edgemicro 2.5.26 from scrach:

1. node -v

v8.12.0

2. openssl version

OpenSSL 1.1.0h 27 Mar 2018

3. npm install edgemicro -g

+ edgemicro@2.5.26 added 405 packages from 329 contributors in 275.936s

4. edgemicro --version

current nodejs version is v8.12.0 current edgemicro version is 2.5.26 2.5.26

5. edgemicro init

current nodejs version is v8.12.0 current edgemicro version is 2.5.26 config initialized to ...\.edgemicro\default.yaml

6. edgemicro configure -o [org]-e [env]-u [username]

It works this time. Thanks.