Dev Portal- Add App Page Customization

agupta267
Participant III

I have a requirement wherein I do not want APIGEE to create the customer key and customer secret for the developer while creating the App on Developer Portal. Instead I would like to call an api proxy (deployed on Apigee Edge) when I click on 'Create App' button on 'Add App' page and this proxy will send in response the client ID and client secret which should be shown to the developer on developer portal and can further use to generate access token ( which would mean that the client id and client secret are imported to Edge against the created app )

Does APIGEE provide any solution for the same. Please help.

0 3 234
3 REPLIES 3

agupta267
Participant III

@Anil Sagar @ Google, please help.

@Apoorva , You haven't mentioned why do you want to do that ?

You are going to miss a lot of capabilities in Apigee Edge if you do same. It's like purchasing a car & using it to pull a load with a hook that exist for towing.

@Anil Sagar @ Google, Our use case is- The proxy that we want to call at the click on 'Create App' button will internally call Apigee management api to create company and then company app. But before creating app we need it to validate the JWT sent in request body and only after successful validation of JWT we will create the company and company app. The company name, app name and other required parameters will be extracted from the JWT after validation.

So, the app will be created in Apigee Edge using management api calls, but we want few validations before creating the app.