Apigee Edge proxy not able to access CouchDB - "host not reachable"

I am trying to log the data into couchdb as document from APIGEE and getting "host not reachable".

i tried the same from postman and i could successfully sent that information to the couchdb.

Can some help me understand whether APIGEE data can be sent to couchdb?

0 6 392
6 REPLIES 6

I am trying to log the data into couchdb as document from APIGEE

How are you doing that? Provide more details please. ServiceCallout? JavaScript? Details.

Where is the CouchDB running?

Is the CouchDB running on your local node? In that case the Apigee Edge SaaS Service will not be able to reach it.

Please provide more details.

@Dino..I am using service call out.. Yes the Couchdb is running locally.. how can i make that work with APIGEE in that case

The CouchDB must be reachable from the internet, to allow Apigee Edge to connect to it.

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @prasanna kumar s, which Apigee accounts are you using? Cloud/On-Prem?

If CouchDB is running locally on your machine & if you try to connect to it through Cloud Apigee, it wont connect.

Postman can access it, because it is also running locally on your machine.

CouchDB should be publically available for Apigee to make a call to it.

Try to use CouchDB on cloud(https://bitnami.com/stack/couchdb/cloud) and then connect using Apigee.

@Siddharth Barahalikar

if couchDB need to be used for a production environment how can we achieve it without cloud.

Achieve WHAT without cloud? What is your specific goal?

Keep in mind the fact that Apigee Edge does not include magic network-hopping technology. It works over HTTP. For Apigee Edge proxy to connect to CouchDB, the CouchDB instance must be reachable from the internet. So if your goal is "reach my internal system that is not accessible from the internet", then the answer is still "you can't do that."