SAML Validation policy fails with "Digital Signature Validation Failed"

Not applicable

Hi,

I am using Apigee SAML Validation policy to validate the Assertion posted by PingFederate. PingFederate posts the assertion in base64 encoded format. So, I had to create a java callout policy to extract and decode the base64 encoded Assertion before sending it to SAML Validation policy. I am sure base64 decoding worked fine because I was able to print the decoded value in console using JavaScript. But, when Apigee tries to validate the signature, it returns an error:

{"fault":{"faultstring":"ValidateSAMLAssertion[ValidatePingAssertion]: Digital Signature Validation Failed","detail":{"errorcode":"steps.saml.validate.SignatureValidationFailed"}}}

Also, I added the correct certificate in the truststore. So, I am not sure why the validation is failing. Any help on this would be great.

Solved Solved
0 1 872
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

I was able to fix this issue myself. I changed the content type of the message posted to SAML Validation policy from "content/xml" to "text/xml" and it worked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

I was able to fix this issue myself. I changed the content type of the message posted to SAML Validation policy from "content/xml" to "text/xml" and it worked.