Microgateway setup issue

I'm working through the edge microgateway setup (https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/microgateway/2.5.x/setting-and-configuring-edge-microgateway#pr...) and I'm having an issue when submitting the "edgemicro configure" command. When I submit it I set the options with the org, env and user. Then I put my password in and hit enter. But, I get back a http 500 response. I'm setting this up on windows 10. Here's the request/result.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>edgemicro configure -o <org> -e test -u <username>

current nodejs version is v8.12.0

current edgemicro version is 2.5.7

password: file doesn't exist, setting up

Error: HTTP error 500 at Request._callback (C:\Users\hoenigd\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\apigeetool\lib\commands\listdeployments.js:93:12) at Request.self.callback (C:\Users\hoenigd\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:185:22) at emitTwo (events.js:126:13) at Request.emit (events.js:214:7) at Request.<anonymous> (C:\Users\hoenigd\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:1161:10) at emitOne (events.js:116:13) at Request.emit (events.js:211:7) at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\Users\hoenigd\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:1083:12) at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:313:30) at emitNone (events.js:111:20) at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7) at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1064:12) at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:139:11) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:181:9)

0 5 1,660
5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hey @Daniel Hoenig, any reason you are using an older version of MG? 2.5.26 is the latest version (v2.5.7 is an year old) and we've made changes & improvements since then.

I'm not sure why it was not the latest version. I updated it but I still get the HTTP 500 error. I think it has something to do with the OpenSSL. What do I set the PATH environment variable too dor OpenSSL?

Hi @Daniel Hoenig

you need to use the latest microgateway because the old one has security risk in them, you can read more about the security risk here.

- edge micro security risk issue

- outdated docker image for edge micro

Aparently you will need to raise an apigee support case for the security risk to be futher fixed.

I am also getting the same error while running the configure command. i am using node.js v10.15.3 and npm version 6.4.1 edgemicrogateway version 2.5.30.

can anyone please help me?

These tips really work for me well, thanks guys!

source