Changing name of Environment

Not applicable

I want to change the name of existing environment to a new one. How can I do this?

Solved Solved
0 10 1,101
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

The error is because it's trying to update environment and the url has the environment name old and in body new. This is a put request and fails with name doesn't match error.

I had to create new environment amd migrate all data before deleting the old one.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena, if you are using Free Apigee Cloud account, then we cannot change the env name. You need to contactApigee Customer Support.

If you have an on-prem/paid account, you can use Management API to update,

https://apidocs.apigee.com/management/apis/post/organizations/%7Borg_name%7D/environments/%7Benv_nam...

@Siddharth Barahalikar

Thanks.., I tried with this, I am able to change the properties, but not able to change the environment name. Can you share the procedure?

@Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena ,

It's only available for Enterprise customers / Paid customers of Apigee.

@Anil Sagar @ Google This is for on-prem. Thanks..

This is not working for me to change the environment name. please share the detailed procedure to change name.

i also need to update environment name and i am an enterprise paid customer, the issue i cant, it returns the following error "environment update : resource name dev in the url doesnot match with the name prod in the request payload", and to be honest its becoming a headache dealing with installation of apigee on premise any mistake is done during any phase of setting up, apigee will punch and torture you!!!

Anil Sagar @ Google

It is not true , It is not possible to change environment name once created

Request :

curl POST 'https://10.162.1.66:8443/v1/organizations/integ-testing/environments/test' \

--header 'Authorization: Basic xxxxxx' \ --header 'Content-Type: text/plain' \

--data-raw '{ "name": "newName" }'

Response :

404 Not Found

Hmm, we also concluded the same. So, we had to create new environment and migrated all the data from the older to new. Then deleted the old one.

True, .. This is what we did exactly.

However this is mentioned explicitly in the management api documentation !!!!

That needs to be corrected. All properties can be updated for an environment other than name.

Not applicable

The error is because it's trying to update environment and the url has the environment name old and in body new. This is a put request and fails with name doesn't match error.

I had to create new environment amd migrate all data before deleting the old one.