soap proxy in Reverse proxy

rohitmonga
Participant II

I have a reverse proxy in which I have rest-to-rest api proxies. In this reverse proxy I need to make a soap api call from target endpoint.

In normal scenario when we create soap api proxy, we just need to provide wsdl path and it will create all required policies and related stuff.

In my case I already have reverse proxy. Can I somehow provide wsdl path to this proxy which will automatically create policies, xslt files etc. or should I need to do all this stuff manually?

0 2 630
2 REPLIES 2

You said

I need to make a soap api call from target endpoint.

But it's JUST ONE SOAP call? I suppose there is a reason you don't want to use the WSDL import wizard?

You have some options.

1. use the WSDL import Wizard, and then extract the generated code from that Proxy into your existing REST-to-REST proxy
  2. Use AssignMessage and assign the target message for the ONE SOAP call.

I prefer the latter, because it's simpler and easier.

Here is a tutorial on how to do it.

@Rohit Monga ,

Auto generated SOAP to REST looks like really complex with bunch of policies. But, Actually, It's quite simple.

All we are doing is adding bunch of headers & modifying payload in request & converting XML to JSON in response. Rest of all the best practices & extra checks.

You can do anytime using same policies in any existing proxy. Just take a moment & inspect policies in auto generated soap to rest proxy, Everything feels like easy.

You can manually add the policies & configure the API like you want.