Streaming Issues with streaming enabled

Not applicable

Hi All,

We want to do bulk streaming of about 4GB of data size. The proxy calls a backend service which streams data ok. With API, the streaming stops intermittent after around 16 to 17minutes(not consistent). is there any property that needs to be set other below in httpTargetconnection.

<HTTPTargetConnection> <Properties> <Property name="response.streaming.enabled">true</Property> <Property name="io.timeout.millis">120000</Property> </Properties>

0 1 491
1 REPLY 1

I think you may be running up against the message size limit. I believe that size limit applies whether or not you are streaming the messages. Even if you are not, I think you're trying to apply the tool that is Apigee Edge, inappropriately.

4gb seems like an awful lot of data to be streaming through an API hosted in Apigee Edge. It's an unusual approach. Extra-ordinary I'd say. Apigee Edge isn't architected to be good at streaming large payloads. Regardless of the technical reason you are seeing the failures, I'd suggest that you don't continue efforts with this design.

Maybe you could look at re-thinking the design so that the 4GB or more of data doesn't have to flow directly through Apigee Edge. For example, You could use Apigee Edge for dispensing a one-time key, and then use the one-time key to gain access to the stream, hosted by a different endpoint. This is a proven pattern.

Good luck.