Unable to get uuid for management-server.

Not applicable

I have been trying to perform an all in one install for evaluation of apigee on premises and the install cannot get past the management-server component.

apigee-service: edge-management-server: edge-management-server is not running
apigee-configutil: edge-management-server: # OK
apigee-service: edge-management-server: Not running (NO_LOCKFILE)
apigee-service: edge-management-server: status=2, continuing
apigee-service: edge-management-server: OK
apigee-service: edge-management-server: edge-management-server is running
Checking for management-server on 127.0.0.1 port 8080  ....... OK
Checking for management-server uuid .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Unable to get uuid for management-server.
Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

Digging into the logs I see that the management server cannot connect to the ldap server that the aio install just installed, started, and verified.

2018-09-10 08:31:16,289 org: env: target: contextId: action: main ERROR KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.startService() : ServiceDeployer.deploy() : Got a life cycle exception while starting service [SecurityService, LDAP connection failed] : {}
com.apigee.rest.framework.security.ConnectionException: LDAP connection failed

I can't find any mention of this behavior in the forums but if anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate them.

Solved Solved
0 2 1,354
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

It turns out that at least as far as the all-in-one install is concerned, the LDAP server must be localhost, not the host's IP. Once I set the LDAP_HOST=127.0.0.1 in the config file the install finished successfully.

This is probably something that should either be implicitly handled by the setup script when USE_LDAP_REMOTE_HOST=n or better documented.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

It turns out that at least as far as the all-in-one install is concerned, the LDAP server must be localhost, not the host's IP. Once I set the LDAP_HOST=127.0.0.1 in the config file the install finished successfully.

This is probably something that should either be implicitly handled by the setup script when USE_LDAP_REMOTE_HOST=n or better documented.

i get the same error on 13 node cluster . any idea ...i checked my LDAP servers reachable and no firewalls

Unable to get uuid for management-server.Error: setup.sh:/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1