Can Apigee do ssl pass through

Does apigee can do ssl pass through? I mean not terminating consumer cert and use a new cert to backend. But just pass through whatever cert from consumer to backend. Basically consumer is not interested in doing cert management. @Dino @Dino-at-Googleand @Anil Sagar @Anil Sagar @ Google

Solved Solved
1 2 770
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nope. (If I understand your question correctly.)

Apigee Edge is a "Layer 7" proxy which means it terminates TLS at ingress, and initiates a new HTTPS session on connection with the upstream.\

The reason I hedge is I don't know what it means to "terminate the consumer cert". Normally in TLS we speak of "terminating TLS on the client connection". The client sends a certificate, but we generally don't speak of "terminating the certificate." So I'm inferring that you mean "Terminate TLS on the inbound connection", and in that case the answer is: Apigee Edge always terminates TLS on the inbound connection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nope. (If I understand your question correctly.)

Apigee Edge is a "Layer 7" proxy which means it terminates TLS at ingress, and initiates a new HTTPS session on connection with the upstream.\

The reason I hedge is I don't know what it means to "terminate the consumer cert". Normally in TLS we speak of "terminating TLS on the client connection". The client sends a certificate, but we generally don't speak of "terminating the certificate." So I'm inferring that you mean "Terminate TLS on the inbound connection", and in that case the answer is: Apigee Edge always terminates TLS on the inbound connection.

I think you understood my question correctly