OAuth Authorization Grant Type 'oauth-advanced' Sample Not Working Behind SSO

Not applicable

Recently my company has converted to using SSO to log into Apigee. Since then I am unable to get the 'oauth-advanced' Apigee sample to work, which makes sense as it's using Basic Authentication by default.

I've tried editing the deployproxy.js, defaults.js, commands.js, index.js, etc. files in an attempt to force the outbound requests to use a Bearer Token through a custom header and even hard coding a bearer token (generated with Postman) throughout. Unfortunately, nothing has worked and I keep receiving the following error when executing the Yeoman command:

Error: Get API info returned status 401

I was hoping for one of two things:

1. Help with getting pointed in the direction of editing the proper file(s) from the sample and what corresponding edits should be made.

2. Instead of getting the sample to work, if there exists a separate comprehensive walkthrough on how to set up the Authorization Grant Type that I could follow to implement it manually.

I was ecstatic to see Apigee has put out these four minute episodes for developers, and they do cover OAuth implementations perfectly, however, the video for implementing the Authorization Grant Type (which would have been S24E10) was skipped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 1 142
1 REPLY 1

HI @dattaei

Welcome to the community !

As you mentioned, the sample isn't working because of the Basic Auth issue only.

For a faster workaround, I would recommend you to run the sample on a trial org so that you can see it in action. I don't think there would be any implementation change running it on trial vs your org. You can always learn and implement from the trial org. You should be able to create a trial account using any other email id. Once its running, you can export and import as well.

Would appreciate if you could open a GitHub issue for SSO support.