Quota policy is working inconsistently

Quota policy is working inconsistently.

I have set the interval as 1, allow count as 5 and timeout as hour, Also Distributed and Synchronous tags are set to true but still i am seeing inconsistent behavior, It allows 5 calls and then restricts it as expected for n number of times and then again start allowing for once or twice and then again restrict it and this goes on.

Attached is my api-proxy bundle. Kindly look into this and help to resolve this.

helloworld-with-quota-limit-rev1-2018-09-06.zip

Thanks,

Ankit Goel

Solved Solved
0 7 458
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah, it works perfectly fine in paid accounts, I have implemented it for some of our clients.

It works in Eval accounts too, but nowadays it works on/off in my eval account. So I assume the issue is related to the MPs associated with free accounts.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Siddharth Barahalikar Can you please help me to resolve this.

Hi @Ankit Goel, are you using Eval/Free account?

I have observed this behavior in free accounts. The Quota policy sometimes it works as per configurations, sometimes it just doesn't work as expected even after using true for Distributed and Synchronous tags.

Maybe it is due the MPs in Free Account.

Hi @SiddhartBarahalikar I am using my company account, and set the Interval =1 minute , and Allow = 5 count. It works and stop after 5 count and give me Rate limit quota violation.

But it does not block other request for whole 1 minuet , within next few seconds say 4 to 7 seconds it keep allowing other request go through successfully without throwing Rate limit quota violation. (It works for the count , but not works for the interval)

Can you please help

Please ask a new question....rather than appending your question as a comment to a question from 2018.

Yeah @Siddharth Barahalikar i am using Eval account. So you mean in paid account it works fine.. have you tried that?

Yeah, it works perfectly fine in paid accounts, I have implemented it for some of our clients.

It works in Eval accounts too, but nowadays it works on/off in my eval account. So I assume the issue is related to the MPs associated with free accounts.

Oh ok Thanks @Siddharth Barahalikar for confirmation.