Getting javascript variable within payload of ServiceCallout policy

Not applicable

Hi there, I have a Javascript policy for generating a random string code, then I use a ServiceCallout with a XML payload where I am trying to include the generated code. For that I use an expression like this:

<Payload contentType="application/xml">
   <BODY TYPE="TEXT">{context.getVariable("mycode")}</BODY>
</Payload>

but the target receives `{context.getVariable("mycode")}` instead of the actual variable content.

Solved Solved
0 1 698
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sidd-harth
Participant V

In JS Policy, you use context.getVariable to retrieve apigee flow variables into JS code. If you want to set new variable use context.setVariable

var responseCode = properties.source; // Returns "response.status.code"
var value = context.getVariable(responseCode); // Get the value of response.status.code
context.setVariable("javier", value);

As per the above example if you want to use javier value from - context.setVariable("javier", value);in Service callout policy,

<BODY TYPE="TEXT">{javier}</BODY>
</Payload>

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sidd-harth
Participant V

In JS Policy, you use context.getVariable to retrieve apigee flow variables into JS code. If you want to set new variable use context.setVariable

var responseCode = properties.source; // Returns "response.status.code"
var value = context.getVariable(responseCode); // Get the value of response.status.code
context.setVariable("javier", value);

As per the above example if you want to use javier value from - context.setVariable("javier", value);in Service callout policy,

<BODY TYPE="TEXT">{javier}</BODY>
</Payload>