Firestore Extension available features

Hi, recently has been released Firestore extension.

For now there is only very basic get, set, delete methods.

1. When we send data to firestore from apigee can we specify reference field from one document to another document? For now I see that string reference /deal/dealid is not interpreted as reference.
  2. How to customize the output of Extension Callout policy when firestore used? Now it doesn't show nothing or all input data, how we can create human readable response?
  3. Support for firestore queries and filters? Is it available or at least on roadmap? Maybe there is a way to use firestore into JS callout?

Thanks in advance

0 2 405
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Bogdan Tur here are answers to your questions:

1. We don't support specifying a reference field from one document to another currently. This is on our roadmap.
  2. The output from the Extension Callout policy is available in any custom variable that you can specify. You can use that variable as is or use AssignMessage, ExtractVariables or JavaScript policies to manipulate the output.
  3. No support for queries and filters today but we are working on it. This is on our roadmap.

Hi @Prithpal Bhogill I am using Firestore extension for real time data operations to power a mobile app through Apigee APIs and one of the operations I want to perform is update fields in a document and I don't see this action available in the Apigee documentation but I see code snippets at https://firebase.google.com/docs/firestore/manage-data/add-data#update-data to do so. Is something similar available in Apigee ? if not, is it in the roadmap ?

Appreciate your response!