Password reset not working

Hi,

Recently, I tried to reset my password at http://enterprise.apigee.com. I did receive an email with the password reset link recently. On the password reset page, I was able to enter my new password and submit. However, after that I got an error page stating "Sorry, your reset password link is no longer valid. You can request another one below."

I've tried the same flow several times but to no avail. Next steps? Is the password reset flow broken for all?

Solved Solved
0 7 1,270
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I raised a support ticket to get this resolved. Apparently there were some inconsistencies on the user level which the support engineer was able to rectify.

Learnings:

1. Take frequent backups of your API code.
  2. Add an additional org-admin to the important orgs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Are you using a public email, eg. gmail, or your corp. email ?

If you are using corp email, it's probable that you have an email virus scanner that checks links in email for malware. Once this scanner visits the password reset link before you click, it consumes the token making the token expires.

In that case, consider whitelisting apigee.com for passthrough without link scan.

Thanks @Brendan. I did think of what you had suggested before posting the question. However, I am able to click on the reset password link and access the update password page. If my mail client had already "used up" the token by scanning it then the update password page would be inaccessible to me. Makes sense?

FYI, I am using my corp email.

Not applicable

I did acquire an electronic mail with the password reset link these days. On the password reset web page I changed into able to enter my new password and post. However after that I was given a blunders web page mentioning Sorry your reset password link is no longer legitimate you can request every other one below Write my Essay Uk.

@Eliana Hermione

, are you still facing the same issue or were you able to resolve it?

Update: I have an active session on one of my browsers where I'm still logged into community.apigee.com. I tried updating the password from the "My Preferences" page. The operation is successful in the sense that it doesn't throw any errors. Also, I was able to change my location which did reflect properly on my profile. However, I'm still unable to login to community with the new password from a different browser. I encounter the error "Unable to verify email or password. Please try again." Please also refer the screenshot for evidence that I am able to update my password. What could be going wrong? How can I get this resolved?

7296-updateprofile.png

Hello All,

I'm facing Forgot Password? issue, Getting error while submitting e-mail id to receive reset password link.

It was working fine, suspect that upgrade issue from old version to 4.18.x version

Any idea/resolution? please ...

I raised a support ticket to get this resolved. Apparently there were some inconsistencies on the user level which the support engineer was able to rectify.

Learnings:

1. Take frequent backups of your API code.
  2. Add an additional org-admin to the important orgs.