Issues with community website

issues-website.jpg

Issues_Website.jpgI'm trying to use community frequently and a little frustrated with the bugs. I want to know whether I'm the only who faces these issues or everyone. Also welcome if anything can be done to overcome the same myself.

While few of these could be seen as trivial but if you don't know the workarounds & new here then it's sort-of discourages to be interactive in the community.

1. Tagging other users of community doesn't work properly. It works if you put the specific places, ideally should work everywhere in the body of the message. For e.g.

@Abhishek Tiwari doesn't actually work.

but if I try now @Abhishek Tiwari, it works. Also it doesn't work if you try to tag people at the end of your message, however works at the top.

2. APIGEE doesn't add the certification to community profile automatically, not sure how to do it manually also as of now. Refer: https://community.apigee.com/questions/59760/how-to-add-apigee-certification-to-the-community-p.html

3. When you edit your question(to add more info, etc), there is no captcha displayed so you SAVE and you get this error: The form below has errors. Correct the fields in red and try again.

When you check there are actually no fields in red except the fact that captcha has arrived now with a message: The characters you typed did not match the image. So you can guess it could be this but again this wasn't user mistake since there was no captcha in the first place.

Now you try to SAVE but the SAVE button is disabled. It expects you to make at-least one more change after you enter captcha- which is neither right nor easy to guess.

4. You can use CTRL+Z to undo but REDO is not available i.e. CTRL+Y. I'm sure developers like us need redo as much as undo 🙂

5. Attach a picture/screenshot sometimes doesn't work, at-least the one I'm trying to attach doesn't work. i.e. Issues_Website.jpg with 250KB, same issue even when I compressed it to 50KB.

Solved Solved
1 4 169
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Some workaround I found:

1. Tag all the users you want to at the top of your message.

2. Read @Anil Sagar @ Google's comment on https://community.apigee.com/questions/53259/i-havent-received-the-certificate-and-badges.html. Automated process is in process.

3. Enter something like space into the message body when you see SAVE button disabled on edit.

4. Solution for this one is badly needed however, you can keep backing up your message as you type in notepad or something though it's not an ideal solution(encoding etc will be different), serves the purpose. PS: Let me backup whatever I typed till now:)

5. I'm also waiting for some workaround/solution for this one.

View solution in original post

I have faced these common issues, regarding point 5,

If the browser is zoomed in more than 100%, sometimes the Insert Image doesnt work in some browsers.

Try to zoom-out back to 100% & the Insert Image works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Some workaround I found:

1. Tag all the users you want to at the top of your message.

2. Read @Anil Sagar @ Google's comment on https://community.apigee.com/questions/53259/i-havent-received-the-certificate-and-badges.html. Automated process is in process.

3. Enter something like space into the message body when you see SAVE button disabled on edit.

4. Solution for this one is badly needed however, you can keep backing up your message as you type in notepad or something though it's not an ideal solution(encoding etc will be different), serves the purpose. PS: Let me backup whatever I typed till now:)

5. I'm also waiting for some workaround/solution for this one.

I have faced these common issues, regarding point 5,

If the browser is zoomed in more than 100%, sometimes the Insert Image doesnt work in some browsers.

Try to zoom-out back to 100% & the Insert Image works.

issues-website.jpg

@Siddharth Barahalikar

I always had 100% zoom & use Google' chrome and it didn't work at home with wifi. Today it works with LAN.

I am also facing issue while posting questions. I am not able to do it. Can someone help and let me know if i am doing something wrong?