Error during apigee installation: chown Operation not permitted

vkana

Hi,

I am trying to install apigee on a single node, an "all-in-one" installation.When i run the below command as a root user,

/opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p aio -f /tmp/5nodeconfig.txt

I am getting the below error and the installation is getting aborted, could someone please provide any ideas or inputs on how to resolve this?

=== Checking for presence of misc commands:

Validating setup variables

Checking for required variables

Checking required variable ZK_HOSTS...OK

Checking required variable HOSTIP...OK

Checking required variable RUN_USER...OK

Checking required variable RUN_GROUP...OK

chown: changing ownership of ‘/opt/apigee/token/application/zookeeper.properties’: Operation not permitted

Creating /opt/apigee/data/apigee-zookeeper/data and /opt/apigee/data/apigee-zookeeper/logs directories

The file lib/settings was changed

[ChangeDelta, position: 0, lines: [#Automatically generated placeholder] to [APPLICATION_EXE=$COMPONENT_ROOT/bin/zkServer.sh, EXTRA_ARGS=start-foreground, export JVMFLAGS=""]]

apigee-configutil: apigee-zookeeper: # OK

conf_zoo_quorum does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/zookeeper.properties. Adding...

conf_zoo_peertype does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/zookeeper.properties. Adding...

conf_zoo_data_myid.id does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/zookeeper.properties. Adding...

chown: changing ownership of ‘/opt/apigee/data/apigee-zookeeper/data/myid’: Operation not permitted

Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

We did disable SELinux and have done all the prerequisites required.

Thanks,

Veer

1 3 417
3 REPLIES 3

@Veer K could you please share details if you were able to fix this issue.

Are you running same as a root ?

It should be straight forward if you follow the docs. Here is the Apigee 4MV4D video that shows same in action from scratch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8T0emV30TU

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

What is the folder permission of /opt/apigee ?