Apigee Edge: Messaging Logging Policy with Azure Log Analytics

Has anyone configured a proxy policy to send log information to Azure Log Analytics? My company is moving away from Splunk and looking to see if we can leverage this policy.

0 5 617
5 REPLIES 5

MessageLogging works with a syslog receiver.

If the Azure Log analytics supports that.... then it should just work.

If not, then I'd suggest that you use an asynchronous ServiceCallout or JS callout to send information to the Azure Log.

Can you put Callouts in the PostResponse Flow? Reading the documentation, callouts are sited as a method to washout additional data into the target response. We basically want to create a log of the request. This should be OOB functionality.

I understand. It would be nice to just have the ability to connect to the Azure Log service from the PostResponse flow.

You can insert a callout into the Post Flow. Not the PostResponse flow. That latter is an enhancement that has been previously requested. I don't know the status of that yet.

Can you try the suggestions I offered? Either use syslog or a callout? Let me know if that works for you.

Maybe I am being thick here but would that slow my response back to requestor?

Not if you use an asynchronous (no wait) call. I think that is discussed in the article I linked.