Company custom attributes

I have created company using apigee management API and assign custom attributes to company

"attributes": [
        {
          "name": "Quota",
          "value": "10"
        }
      ]

Now I have to retrieve this attributes for my conditional quota policy
how can I retrieve this custom attributes of company

I have tried verifyapikey policy but it did not work ,also I have tried access entity policy but it also not worked
so please provide some solution for this above situation
My main aim is to assign quota based on company name,
Thanks in advance

0 7 347
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Prasad Walke, may I know why you want to assign quota based on company name?

IMO we shouldn't use company to define custom-attributes such as quota.

A company is a collection of developers managed as a single entity. A company can be any grouping that is appropriate to your organization, e.g., business unit, product line, or division. Grouping developers into companies is useful when your goal is to work with multiple developers associated under a single corporate entity for billing purposes, for example. However, it not required that the developers in your organization are associated with a company. This API is completely optional. Note that a developer is always a single entity, uniquely identified by the email element.

We generally use API Products to set custom attributes & then use API Key/AccessEnitity Policy to retrieve them on proxy level.

Thanks @Siddharth Barahalikar
but my requirement is I have three developer belonging to three different company
dev1-company1, dev2-company2,dev3-company3
now I want quota 10 per min to developer belonging to company1
12 per min to developer from company 2
8 per min to developer from company 3
so is there any alternate solution for this

Who are these developers?

API Developers or Application Developers?

Application developers to whom I have given access

As a good practice, an App Developer should always be routed through a Developer/API Portal.

1. API Portal can be used to securely expose your APIs in form of API Products
  2. So here we will be adding Quota config on the Product level.
  3. We can create multiple API Products with different Quota values.
  4. App Developer creates an account in API Portal & subscribe to the API Product(s) which he/she would like to use.
  5. This has to be approved by the admin, post approval, the app developer will get a set of credentials to make API calls.

In this way, we allow different quota values for different developers using API Products.

A Company is used for providing API Developer access for creating API Proxies(not consumption), Products etc in Apigee Edge

Ok thanks a lot @Siddharth Barahalikar I will try this way

@Prasad Walke, check the below doc on API Portals available in Apigee and try them. If you get stuck anywhere, drop a question here & we will help you.

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/portal/developer-services-portal

BTW, if this answer helped you, Accept the answer, so that it can be referenced by others.