Can Edge API Proxy detect malware/virus sent in payload ?

Hello All,

The API that we have needs to accept a pdf file binary string as payload. Is there any mechanism through which my API Proxy can detect if there is a virus file and/ malware is passed in payload?

As of now, there is no malware and/or virus detection capability present in the back end services. So we are checking the feasibility to apply this check at API layer.

Any help would be useful here

Thanks,

Meghdeep

1 5 915
5 REPLIES 5

No, Apigee Edge does not include virus detection or scanning capability built-in.

You can configure your Proxy to forward the payload to a virus scan service. Some Apigee customers have configured their proxies to do this. I don;'t know what virus scanning service they used.

Has there been any recent updates on malware detection capabilities of Apigee Edge ?
Would really like to know more on this as we want to leverage Edge for scanning payload/document for malware detection.

Hi @meghdeepbasu 

great question, I would suggest looking into the Service Callout policy to send this pdf file to the third-party antivirus service for the check-up.

Most of the malware scan providers have api's (eg- wildfire-api) to  perform the task  & all you can do a callout and validate.

Thanks.

Hi @API-Evangelist @optimism  Any callout example snippet for Apigee integration with scan provider could you suggest ?