Ongoing issues with Shared Flow save and deploy

garysole
Participant II

I have noticed this happening a few times. After a few saves of a shared flow, it will for some reason become undeployed.

When I select to have it deployed to the environment I get the following error message:

Error Deploying Revision 1 to dev
Revision 1 of Shared Flow CommonErrorMessage is already deployed in organization dtn, environment dev.

It is not deployed, but my error message is that it is. The only work around appears to be to create a new revision and deploy.

I have not experienced this type of issue for regular API Proxy development.

Additional: This really appears to be a visual or status indication on Edge. The Shared flow is deployed - however, it is not reflected as deployed. Thus trying to redeploy - fails. You cannot 'undeploy' because the UI thinks it is not deployed and tries to deploy.

4 7 1,339
7 REPLIES 7

We have the same exact issue. Checking using the API shows that the shared flow is deployed but UI does not reflect it. The shared flow we have has a shared flow hook.

@Gary Sole Since you believe this to be a UI issue, have you tried to use the management api to deploy the shared flow instead? That might save you the hassle of creating a new revision every time this happens. Not a solution but at least a workaround till this issue is fixed.

UPDATE: I faced the same issue today. I followed the above advice myself. However, even the api call failed saying that the revision was already deployed to the environment. So I forced the deployment by using the ?override=true query param. That resolved the issue for me.

curl -X POST 'https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/o/{org}/e/{env}/sharedflows/{sharedflowname}/revisions/{revision}/deployments?override=true'

natuneeraj
Participant I

Has anyone found the solution to this issue as I donot want my revisions to bumped up with the override option, this works just fine with normal APIs as suggested in original question.

We are having this issue as well. Is there a fix?

What is the APIGEE version you are using?

Is this issue still ongoing. I was able to successfully deploy the SharedFlow but not able to view the same using UI. I'm neither able to deploy or undeploy a shared flow. Is this an UI issue?

This issue is still there. mgmt call shows the deployment status but URL dosent show. Is this the same issue we have analytics as well?

michaelveit
Participant III

We face this issue as well. REST call tracing in browser shows that list of deployed shared flows has all environments with empty revision list. Deployment attempt fails with that error message.

Logs look strange as well: R/MP look like successfully deployed, but MS is aware of these deployments.

REST response for fetching deployments looks like:

GET /v1/o/myorg/sharedflows/myflow/deployments

{
  "environment" : [ {
    "name" : "myenv",
    "revision" : [ ]
  }, ....

Override option is automatically set when deploying shared flow from Edge UI.Shared flow is referred from flow hook, and was updated in same revision while being deployed already.

We're on prem using Version 4.19.01.00.

Workaround:

• Save shared flow as rev. 2.
  • Deploy rev. 2 to the env.
  • Deploy rev. 1 to the env.
  • Delete rev. 2.