jmx port for ms and sso

Not applicable

hi all.

per doc, jmx port for ms is 1099. however recently I found out that the sso is also 1099 for jmx port. I have ms and sso on the same server and ms would not come up after I used 1099 for jmx. so right now I use 2099 and ms comes up fine and it seems I can query the jmx in ms. 2 questions

1. what will be the issue if I use another port # that is not documented

2. in no where I am seeing that sso is using jmx port 1099. does that mean sso and ms should not be in the same server?

0 3 437
3 REPLIES 3

rmishra
Participant V

@chiki sun I think the Apigee documentation team is yet to realize that there is a port conflict between the Tomcat JMX Port in Edge SSO and JMX Port for Management Server when they run on the same host.

By default both of them come up on 1099

I have not found any documentation on changing the Tomcat JMX Port on Edge SSO, hence i ended up changing the JMX Port on Management Server and it works just fine. You just have to make sure that your Management Server JMX clients connect on this new port.

I don't think the port conflict means anything in regards to placement of these components. I believe the documentation just hasn't caught up to the platform in this regard.

thx for the feedback @Rahul M . I am using a different port for the mgmt server JMX but wanted to make sure that internally Apigee is not referring to the port 1099 of the mgmt server.

@chiki sun we have identified the issue to be arising from SSO server installing with JMX monitoring enabled by default on the same port as 1099. Please open a Support ticket to report this behavior if you can.