What is a apigee-analytics-collector?

taka-t

Hi all,

I see the document about 'Uploading API Traffic Data to Apigee - Beta Release'.

https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.18.05/uploading-api-traffic-data-apigee-beta-release

According the document above, Edge for Private Cloud users have to upload API traffic data on prod environment to Apigee.

Does anyone know why those users have to upload the data???

Regards,

taka-t

Solved Solved
0 2 282
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Toshiaki Takashima , Great Question !

As you know Apigee OnPremises pricing depends on API Call Volumes. You can actually install Apigee Edge on DMZ Environment where we don't have any access to the API Call Volumes to your Apigee Edge Installation.

As a customer, You need to report us about the call volumes once in a while so that Apigee knows you are not going above the license contract.. If call volumes goes above the entitlements, Apigee will send an invoice for overages.

As a private cloud customer, You need to report API Call Volume stats once in a while to let Apigee know you are using the entitlements as per the contract.

Above is the simple script to do same. Hope it helps.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Toshiaki Takashima , Great Question !

As you know Apigee OnPremises pricing depends on API Call Volumes. You can actually install Apigee Edge on DMZ Environment where we don't have any access to the API Call Volumes to your Apigee Edge Installation.

As a customer, You need to report us about the call volumes once in a while so that Apigee knows you are not going above the license contract.. If call volumes goes above the entitlements, Apigee will send an invoice for overages.

As a private cloud customer, You need to report API Call Volume stats once in a while to let Apigee know you are using the entitlements as per the contract.

Above is the simple script to do same. Hope it helps.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

Hi @Anil Sagar.

Thanks for your input!

I understand it is required for pricing reason and i'll check our license contract.

Regards,

Takashima