Rate limiting a specific API endpoint

Not applicable

Hi guys.

I tried reading threads on the board but I couldnt really find anything.

I have an endpoint that takes a lot of requests from an event queue and I need to make sure this endpoint dosent get swamped. I was thinking of using a Concurrent Rate Limit Policy but I cant seem to specify a URI to where the rate limit should trigger. I need to be able to enforce a rate limit on /api/myspecialendpoint and ensure that we have a max of x concurrent requests.

So am I looking at the right policy and if so how do I go about fixing my issue?

Thanks

0 1 415
1 REPLY 1

ConcurrentRateLimit is intended to restrict the number of calls to a *backend* system. Suppose you have 12 proxies, and 17 backends. And some of those proxies map to the same backends. And some of those backends are not highly scalable, and we want Apigee Edge to limit the calls OUT to those backends. The ConcurrentRateLimit policy is the way to do that.

If you want to limit the rate at which inbound calls are handled, that's a different policy. Maybe SpikeArrest will fit your needs.

You can read about the differences in the various rate-limiting policies in this helpful documentation page.