conf_keymanagement_oauth_access_token_expiry_time_in_millis usage?

Not applicable

Hi,

I need to update the access token expiration time. I changed this conf_keymanagement_oauth_access_token_expiry_time_in_millis to 12 hours in management-server.properties (and restarted) but when calling /oauth/token, i am only getting "expires_in": 1799.

does that mean the oauth service is not using the value defined in the properties file? the expiration is setup in the policy instead? (and i suppose the policy setting override the properties value?)

thx

0 2 200
2 REPLIES 2

I believe that configuration value is referring to the lifetime of the OAuth token that is used for the Admin API.

If you are issuing tokens from your own API Proxy, then there is a separate place to configure the expiry. The expiry is set in the OAuthV2/GenerateAccessToken policy. See the doc on that for full details. The element is:

<!--
    ExpiresIn, in milliseconds. The ref is optional. The explicitly specified
    value is the default, when the variable reference cannot be resolved.
      2400000 = 40 minutes
      3600000 = 60 minutes
    -->
    <ExpiresIn ref='flow.variable'>2400000</ExpiresIn>

Frustratingly, this element is specified in milliseconds. You need to do the mathematics yourself, to figure out what to use for 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 120 minutes, or whatever.

Not applicable

thx for the response but that is at the proxy level. I am looking how to extend an access token when making mgmt. api call