What is limit for number of message receiving devices in Apigee's push notifications?

Not applicable

Solved Solved
0 1 237
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Prashant Patil ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

No, there is no limit on number of message receiving devices. But there are other limits related to number of push notifications that you can send using free account. For more details see below constraints on push notifications.

Is there a limit to how many push notifications I can send at one time?

No, but for best performance we suggest you limit the number of push notifications to 10,000 per single request. If you need to send the same message to more than 10K devices, we suggest that you break up up the devices into batches (for example, use groups), and send each batch. You can also potentially speed up the delivery of all the messages by sending notifications in parallel.

Is there a limit to how many push notifications I can send per month?

Free Apigee Developer accounts include 10 million push notifications per month at no cost. Tiered pricing is available for additional capacity.

I’ve got millions of devices to send notifications to. What’s the best way to send the notifications?

To drive the most engagement, our suggestion is to send highly targeted push notifications to small groups of individuals. Also, scheduling the push notifications to be sent at certain times (for example, lunchtime, before work, or just after work) will increase the effectiveness of the notifications. You can schedule your push notifications throughout the day based on your customers' geographic locations.

For more details refer FAQ here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dear @Prashant Patil ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

No, there is no limit on number of message receiving devices. But there are other limits related to number of push notifications that you can send using free account. For more details see below constraints on push notifications.

Is there a limit to how many push notifications I can send at one time?

No, but for best performance we suggest you limit the number of push notifications to 10,000 per single request. If you need to send the same message to more than 10K devices, we suggest that you break up up the devices into batches (for example, use groups), and send each batch. You can also potentially speed up the delivery of all the messages by sending notifications in parallel.

Is there a limit to how many push notifications I can send per month?

Free Apigee Developer accounts include 10 million push notifications per month at no cost. Tiered pricing is available for additional capacity.

I’ve got millions of devices to send notifications to. What’s the best way to send the notifications?

To drive the most engagement, our suggestion is to send highly targeted push notifications to small groups of individuals. Also, scheduling the push notifications to be sent at certain times (for example, lunchtime, before work, or just after work) will increase the effectiveness of the notifications. You can schedule your push notifications throughout the day based on your customers' geographic locations.

For more details refer FAQ here.