Does Apigee Edge cache logs its content

Not applicable

Hello All,

Would you please assist me on the following queries I have regarding our Apigee Edge:

Question#1:

Does PopulateCache and LookupCache Policies log their content to Apigee Edge logs every time we access it? Asking in terms of security concers.

Question#2:

When Apigee Edge caches key/pair values using PopulateCache policy, is the data encrypted in the cache or are they stored in clear text?

Thanks a lot

Solved Solved
1 3 170
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. No, The PopulateCache and LookupCache policies do not log keys or values.

2. No, the data is not encrypted in cache. You need to encrypt at the application layer if you want to encrypt data before caching it.

Thanks for your clear question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

1. No, The PopulateCache and LookupCache policies do not log keys or values.

2. No, the data is not encrypted in cache. You need to encrypt at the application layer if you want to encrypt data before caching it.

Thanks for your clear question.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Would you please elaborate more on what do you mean by "application layer"? Would there be any document that assist me on this encryption process?

I mean that ... if you want the contents of the cache to be encrypted, then encryption must be done by code you provide. also key management, and so on. You can do encryption with a Java callout, or with JavaScript. Search the community archive for suggestions - I think this has been discussed before.