SAML SSO validation fails in Drupal Local setup.

sumiya96
Participant I

Hi All,

I have encountered with few errors while doing the local setup of my drupal site.

I have SAML SSO Auth enabled in my Drupal site(cloud) and when I try to clone and work with the data in my local system l am facing error saying Sorry This feature is not yet enabled.

So are there any setup we need to do to over come this SAML issues while doing something on Drupal locally ?

Help will be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Sumiya M

0 3 318
3 REPLIES 3

You said you are facing an error. "Sorry this feature is not yet enabled."

Specifically WHERE. EXACTLY do you see that error? On which screen, or page, or in response to which terminal command? what steps have you performed, and EXACTLY WHEN and how do you encounter that error? What is the EXACT TEXT you see?

Be as clear as you can. Screenshots help.

Based on guesswork, The error you're describing may be coming from the simplesamlphp module. Google tells me that it delivers a similar error string. (Not exactly what you stated)

Have you enabled the SAML module on your local Drupal server? Have you installed and configured that module correctly? You didn't mention any of that.

@dino:

To Add upon your ask,below are my ansers.

Specifically WHERE. EXACTLY do you see that error? On which screen, or page, or in response to which terminal command? what steps have you performed, and EXACTLY WHEN and how do you encounter that error? What is the EXACT TEXT you see?

I see it when I try to perform login to federation URL from local host.

My scenario is we have a page where our internal users need to be redirected to federation URL and we have enabled SAML SSO Module in cloud instance and it works as expected.The same SAML SSO redirecting to federation Page gives this error when I try it from my local setup(I am not sure if I need to make any changes to SAML Module or setup to make it work locally..

Error is in the first step when I click on continue to login as internal user and it should redirect to federation URL.Before going to the federation URL it gives this error.And I am sure there is something that needs to be handled in SAML Module..But not able to guess what..

Have you enabled the SAML module on your local Drupal server? Have you installed and configured that module correctly? You didn't mention any of that.

I have cloned my existing site to local system and that has SAML module enabled.Can this SAML module works as is in local host? are there any changes we need to do for SAML module when we clone it locally??

7044-saml-error.png

> Can this SAML module works as is in local host?

Nope! Not without configuring it!

> are there any changes we need to do for SAML module when we clone it locally??

Yes! You need to set up SAML again, locally. Have you tried that?

Separately, it's possible that the localhost endpoint may be a problem. But don't worry about that until you re-configure SAML in the local drupal.