429 - Too many Requests

Not applicable

I created and deployed an ApiProxy but when I try GET I am getting this "429 - Too many Requests" as response.

https://{MyOrgName}-eval-test.apigee.net/v1/products

Any help on what could be the issue or where to research?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
1 11 8,471
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hi, Can you hit request using postman from different system? In that way we can find out whether postman is hitting duplicate request or thats from Apigee.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Not applicable

Hi Maruti,

429 "Too many Requests" response code comes because of the quota policy failure. The quota is exceeded in this case. If the quota allowed counts can be increased,the issue will resolve.

Regards,

Priyadarshi

I'm getting the same response, but I'm only hitting the GET once! I can see multiple hits coming in the trace that all look like they're coming from me. I've never experienced this with Postman before, what is causing the multiple hits? Please help!

Not applicable

Hi, Can you hit request using postman from different system? In that way we can find out whether postman is hitting duplicate request or thats from Apigee.

Thanks so much for the reply. Did some troubleshooting and realized I'm an idiot. 🙂

I had misconfigured my target endpoint which was causing a loop between target and proxy endpoint. Basically they just kept calling each other. Definitely learned from that one!

Hi,

I'm having the same error using the training material and the provided openAPI specs. Did you have the same issue? (Reverse proxy using the provided OpenAPI specs) what did you change the target proxies to?

please ask a new question.

Hello,

"429-too many request" will it  logged somewhere in apigee?

API Monitoring and Analytics will have more details on the Apigee side.

Hello,

1. Is there any default quota limit from apigee (even if the Quota policy is included in the proxy)?

2. I can see the apigee docs as the 2000 as default. Is it per sec or minute or hour or month?

3. In my case, I haven't included any quota limit in the proxy, still I am getting "too many request" error when the number of request is exceeding 500 in sec.

Can any one help me, Why am I getting this error

1. Is there any default quota limit from apigee (even if the Quota policy is not included in the proxy)

1. There's no default quota applied

2. The quota policy has a hardcoded default count of 2000. It also has a hardcoded timeunit defaulted to month which you can see if you inspect the policy.

3. Perhaps it's coming from your backend? You can use the Apigee debug/trace to view what's happening in an Apigee proxy and the response from your backend. There may also be a shared flow or flow hook that contains a quota policy.

Going forward please raise a new question for new questions