Proxy revision in Product

Not applicable

Hi Experts

I have created a proxy with 2 path /ip(applied quota policy) and /header. Tested both successfully.

I made changes in the proxy, removed quota policy from path /ip and DELETED /header path. Deployed revision 2.

Now when i test /ip i see that there is no restriction on the number of request which is fine. But when i test /header it still gives me the response even though i have deleted the /header path in revision 2.

Q1. Why do i get response for /header path when i have deleted it my latest version?

Q2. When we create a Product, we choose proxy, revision and path. If in my initial version i have created the product for proxy1, revision1, /ip path and later i have made changes in the proxy and all my new changes are in revision 2. Do i need to update the product again? Also the paths that i have deleted in new version, do i need to remove those from the product?

Regards

Osman

0 1 306
1 REPLY 1

If you are still getting a response from a request sent to /header, then it means you have an API proxy deployed that is listening on that basepath.

Q1.

Key point: there is no restriction in Apigee Edge that requires only one revision of an API Proxy can listen at any one time. This may be confusing so I will elaborate. Suppose I have an API proxy called "proxyA". And in revision 1 it listens on a basepath of /proxyA. Suppose in revision 2 I modify that proxy to listen on basepath /proxy1 . I can now deploy both revision 1 and revision 2 of "proxyA". There is no conflict. If I send in a request to /proxyA/foo , then revision 1 will handle the request. If I send in a request to /proxy1/foo , then revision 2 will handle it. if I UNDEPLOY revision 1, then send in a request to /proxyA/foo , I will receive a 404. to repeat: there is no guarantee that only a single revision of an API Proxy can be deployed. The key discriminator is the basepath.

The corollary here is that you may not have two distinct proxies that listen on the same basepath deployed to the same environment. You cannot have proxyA listening on basepath /bp1 and proxyB listening on basepath /bp1 (revision is irrelevant here), deployed at the same time. At most one of those could be deployed to a single environment, at one time.

Q2

you do not need to update the product. In general just select an API Proxy. You usually do not need to specify the resource paths in the API Product. If you think you want to use resource paths, please review this article.