functionality of edgemicro-auth proxy

Hi,

Is there any documentation or example which can help in finding the functionality of edgemicro-auth functionalities. I found the below url, which states that, it is the same functionality as in edge. but doesn't explain the details.

https://github.com/apigee/microgateway-edgeauth

I am also looking for jwt token generation and validation in microgateway with the help of edgemicro-auth.

0 3 446
3 REPLIES 3

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Krushna, I'm not clear on what information you're looking for. If you import the proxy, you will see how it is developed.

Hi @krushna.padhee.ap,

The link you provided provides high-level information about the proxy including the functionality, resources, etc... To be clear, edgemicro-auth is an Edge proxy and is not a custom plugin for Edgemicro.

Also. could you please provide further details about the use case or technical needs from your question?

I am also looking for jwt token generation and validation in microgateway with the help of edgemicro-auth.

Hi Robert,

I understand the edgemicro-auth proxy mentioned in the link i mentioned is an edge proxy. and in its brief functionality explanation there are 4 functionality mentioned..I just wanted to know how are the requests/parameters for this functionalities. is there any sample requests like body parameters for the post methods etc.

• Provides a list of all products in the org (/products)
  • Provides a signed JWT if the API Key is valid (/verifyApiKey)
  • Provides the public key that can be used to validate the JWT (/publicKey)
  • Generates an access token, which is a signed JWT. Supports client_credentials grant type (/token)

secondly am I wrong is saying edgemicro-auth is also provides similar functionality in microgateway. because every product for microgateway should contain this proxy for apikey validation.