Migrating from CA API Gateway to APIGEE

Not applicable

Is there any Migration Path or pre-defined strategy/Accelerators already available when switching from one API platform ( CA Layer 7 API Gateway in this case) to APIGEE ? Advantages of APIGEE over CA document ?

Solved Solved
1 9 1,939
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nope, we don't have a document that describes advantages.

We don't have a migration toolkit either.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nope, we don't have a document that describes advantages.

We don't have a migration toolkit either.

Do we have a strategy define to move from CA Layer 7 to APIGEE. Any POC or Docs that I can refer to

We use CA API Gateway as a proxy with security enforcement like mutual SSL etc.

@Geetanjali Pandey ,

You can refer to 2018 Garter Full API LifeCycle Management report / document to understand Apigee Vs Other competitors.

Google (Apigee) recognized as a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management.

Gartner positions Apigee overall highest for both its ability to execute and completeness of vision.

Regarding migration, I believe one has to understand both the ends or build from scratch in Apigee. All it takes is few minutes in Apigee to do API Management. 🙂

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

Hi Geetanjali,

Where you able to find out any reference or strategy for migration from Layer 7 to Apigee?

If yes, Can you please share the documentation for reference.

I have recently migrated layer 7 to Apigee. There is no such documents. But we did it seamlessly.

All the api functionalities are replicated to Apigee from Layer 7. And then diverted traffic behind the f5 to Apigee.

Try in lower environments and then go for higher.

Thank you for the quick response.

But can you please provide some reference for like what needs to learned for replicating the API from Layer 7 to APIGEE.

And also if there are any specific protocol/steps that are needed to be followed.

Thank you.

There is no protocol. You need to understand the functionality of api in layer 7 and same you can do using Apigee. You will see all functionalities are available in Apigee as layer 7.

@dchiesa1  or @anilsagar  Trying to understand if we have any latest updates for migration from Layer7 to Apigee