KVM delete entry management api issue.

Not applicable

I have a set of values to be added into kvm for a user will registration.

ex. set --

user_id_type - client credentials

user_id_id -xxx

user_id_secret - yyy

User can update the set of values anytime and the combination of key-value pair can change.

for ex. updated set can be --

user_id_type - basic auth

user_id_username - yyy

user_id_password - xxx

or

user_id_type - apikey

user_id_apikey - abc

So while updating I am deleting the entire set for the user and adding the new set.

But the issue is that when I get those values through KeyValueMapOperations policy, I am getting old and new both sets. But when I check from KVM UI. I can see only the updated set. whereas I need only the new set.

1 3 388
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Jyoti

I believe you performing all this operations through EDGE UI, KVM's will be cached in the memory and it would take a bit time to get it updated .

Did you verify "<ExpiryTimeInSec>" value in the configuration ?

I would recommend using management API's to update persistent data as its faster than the EDGE UI updates (this is my observation ).

Also can you list the KVM details using the management API to retrieve the details of it.

Thanks,

Latheef D

Thanks @Latheef

adding <ExpiryTimeInSec> into policy solves my issue for delete kvm.

I have set <ExpiryTimeInSec> to 1 so that it gets deleted the latested values.

You are Welcome.

I could prefer to increase the expiry time to kvm's .

Assuming you are storing the static values and there are no frequent updates to kvm's my preference would be to increase value , this would increase the server performance as the values are stored in cache , server will be performing get operations for every second .

For testing purpose its advisable to have low time interval but for production i would recommend to keep it higher.

Thanks!