Questions pertaining to KVM

Not applicable

1. How many KVMs can be added to one proxy?

2. How many entries can be added to a KVM?

3. Can we put access restrictions on creating KVMs in org or limiting the entries within them?

If possible, please share me the link of the tutorials, for detailed study.

Solved Solved
0 2 209
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Soham Roy - At some point in the near future we'll be publishing some official KVM limits in our documentation. In the meantime, I'll give you a sneak preview. Please be aware that these are subject to change between now and publication in the docs:

• KVMs at the org scope: 2
  • KVMs at the environment scope: 2 (per environment)
  • KVMs at the proxy scope: 2 (per proxy)
  • KVM entry, key/name: 1 KB
  • KVM entry, value: 10 KB
  • There's no current limit on entries in a KVM, but you *may* be limited to total disk space. That's to be determined.

The product does not currently enforce these numbers. That will happen at a later date.

You could always create "known" KVMs with predefined names for proxy developers to use. For example: org_kvm_1, org_kvm_2, test_env_kvm_1, test_env_kvm_2, myproxy_kvm_1, etc.

As for checking entry size in an API proxy flow, if you're creating entries with names and values stored in flow variables (for example, from values in the request), you could check the value sizes with a JavaScript callout before the KVM policy has a chance to access the flow variables, and you can throw an error if the key or value size exceeds the limits.

Of course, when the product does start enforcing limits down the road, you'd want to remove that size-checking logic in your proxies, allow the KVM policy to fail when sizes exceed the limits, and configure fault handling for those KVM policy faults.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Soham Roy - At some point in the near future we'll be publishing some official KVM limits in our documentation. In the meantime, I'll give you a sneak preview. Please be aware that these are subject to change between now and publication in the docs:

• KVMs at the org scope: 2
  • KVMs at the environment scope: 2 (per environment)
  • KVMs at the proxy scope: 2 (per proxy)
  • KVM entry, key/name: 1 KB
  • KVM entry, value: 10 KB
  • There's no current limit on entries in a KVM, but you *may* be limited to total disk space. That's to be determined.

The product does not currently enforce these numbers. That will happen at a later date.

You could always create "known" KVMs with predefined names for proxy developers to use. For example: org_kvm_1, org_kvm_2, test_env_kvm_1, test_env_kvm_2, myproxy_kvm_1, etc.

As for checking entry size in an API proxy flow, if you're creating entries with names and values stored in flow variables (for example, from values in the request), you could check the value sizes with a JavaScript callout before the KVM policy has a chance to access the flow variables, and you can throw an error if the key or value size exceeds the limits.

Of course, when the product does start enforcing limits down the road, you'd want to remove that size-checking logic in your proxies, allow the KVM policy to fail when sizes exceed the limits, and configure fault handling for those KVM policy faults.

I tweaked my initial response on environment- and proxy-scoped limits.