Exposing APIGEE URL as SOAP service

Hi,

I have created an API which is taking soap XML as request and sending JSON to my backend and then again converting json to XML.

Its basically SOAP - REST -SOAP.

Consumer application which is based out of SOAP needs WSDL from apigee to consume it. Is it a way by which I can provide them WSDL to consume this API.

Thanks

Ankita

1 6 1,552
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Ankita Jain, I am trying to understand your question,

I have created an API which is taking soap XML as request and sending JSON to my backend and then again converting json to XML.
  1. Is this API create in Apigee or is it external to Apigee?
  2. Did you deploy a proxy on APigee?
  3. Are you planning to deploy a proxy on Apigee and want Apigee to provide an WSDL which can be consumed by the consumer app?

Hi @Siddharth Barahalikar

Yes I have created this API in apigee and I want apigee to provide WSDL to my consumers.

Apigee can't generate WSDL. You need to write WSDL for the SOAP API you are exposing. You can use tools out there in the online.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9264048/generate-wsdl-for-existing-soap-service-using-captured-t...

------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

A similar article from our community, How to return a WSDL through Edge

Hi,

We have a use case to expose backend REST API as SOAP Webservice,could somebody help on the technical steps in APIGEE to achieve this integration? ,currently what we understand is APIGEE supports only REST-SOAP-REST interaction and SOAP Passthrough interaction,is it using the SOAP Passthrough where we can pass a SOAP/XML through APIGEE back to the backend REST MS which can do XML to JSON conversion,Please advise.

Hi

Please ask a new question.