Retiring TLS1.0 and 1.1

Not applicable

Hi,

Per link below, Apigee will retire TLS1.0 and 1.1 starting 18th June and this will impact all the inbound calls to Apigee from clients. https://docs.apigee.com/release/notes/tls-retirement

Wanted to know if this impacts southbound integrations i.e Apigee outbound calls to back-end systems and these connections will need to be on TLS1.2?

Please let me know !

Regards

Girish

Solved Solved
0 8 319
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Girish Shivanigi ,

It's both Northbound & Southbound.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@Girish Shivanigi ,

It's both Northbound & Southbound.

Anil - Does this mean southbound as well on TLS 1.2?

Regards

Girish

No, Apigee is not announcing a change to enforce "only TLS1.2 or better" on southbound connections. Even so, that will likely happen soon. Your southbound connections should also not use TLS1.0 or 1.1.

@Anil Sagar - are you sure? The communication sent from Apigee says "Apigee is announcing the deprecation of support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for all HTTPS connections to Apigee Edge public cloud". This infers "connections to edge" rather than "connections from Apigee".

I now have confirmation from engineering that deprecation is only for the Northbound. (inbound connections)

Thanks @Ozan Seymen

@Ozan Seymen , @Anil Sagar -

Is this change of deprecating TLS 1.0 and 1.1 implemented in Apigee’s non-prod environments? We have consumer applications connecting to proxies in Edge who are not aware if their applications use TLS 1.1 or 1.2. If TLS 1.0/1.1 is already deprecated in non-prod (test env) they would like to test their applications in test environment to see if they still work.

Hi - you should ask this question in a new question. We'll answer it there.

7020-ask-a-question.png