Edge OnPrem 4.17.09 QPID installation issues

I am facing issues with QPID Installation. I have a higher version of qpid-proton-c installed already and apigee install gets stuck at the same place. My server can not have internet connection, so i am using the apigee repo created else where. This issue is similar to what is described in this article, but the resolution would not work for me.

Link here: https://community.apigee.com/questions/39767/dependency-issue-updatefrom-1609-to-1701-private-c.html

Thanks for the help in advance.

Error: Package: qpid-cpp-server-1.35.0-1.el7.x86_64 (apigee-thirdparty)
           Requires: libqpid-proton.so.8()(64bit)
           Available: qpid-proton-c-0.14.0-1.el7.x86_64 (apigee-thirdparty)
               libqpid-proton.so.8()(64bit)
           Installed: qpid-proton-c-0.16.0-7.el7.x86_64 (@rhel-7-server-satellite-tools-6.3-rpms)
              ~libqpid-proton.so.10()(64bit)
0 3 255
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Can you try using this command as a workaround? If this works, a fix will be included in the next release. Please let us know if it worked or not.

yum --setopt=obsoletes=0 install apigee-qpidd

thanks for the response. Tried the above command, but still having the same outcome.

Since there was no fix or work around, had to go for the last resort. I uninstalled the existing Higher version of 'qpid-proton-c' and then retried the installation, which did not give any further issues. After installation, the version available in apigee repos got installed.

qpid-proton-c-0.14.0-1.el7.x86_64 (apigee-thirdparty)