Proxy chaining after the return from the httpconnection

Not applicable

What I'm wanting to do is grab something from the xmlpayload that is returned, and immediately plug that thing into another proxy without the user having to do it manually. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 7 88
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think it is a very odd requirement, and you should revisit your design which created this requirement.

Having a dynamic target URL is perfectly acceptable. Determining that URL based on the response of another proxy is odd.

However, i am going to assume that you have a use case which i haven't encountered. One way to meet your requirement would be for you to extract the XML element you need (Extract Variable Policy) and update the value in a KVM.

Your second proxy could look up the same KVM and determine the target URL .

However, you will need to determine the default behavior of the second proxy , if the first proxy is not invoked yet.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Could you clarify more on "What thing do you want to plug in"..and "What is the proxy expected to do after thing has been plugged in"

Without that, it's a very vague question..

I'm wanting to grab a variable being passed back inside of the xmlpayload. With that I'm going to edit the httptargetconnection url

And i am assuming this is the target connection URL for a different proxy? To be used in a different context?

Yes. The second proxy would have dynamic target connection URL based on the variable's value.

I think it is a very odd requirement, and you should revisit your design which created this requirement.

Having a dynamic target URL is perfectly acceptable. Determining that URL based on the response of another proxy is odd.

However, i am going to assume that you have a use case which i haven't encountered. One way to meet your requirement would be for you to extract the XML element you need (Extract Variable Policy) and update the value in a KVM.

Your second proxy could look up the same KVM and determine the target URL .

However, you will need to determine the default behavior of the second proxy , if the first proxy is not invoked yet.

That is what I was thinking as well, I just wanted to see what other people would suggest, and if there was a better way to do it. Thanks for the answer 🙂

@Dallas Lewis If you can cite the original functional requirement which prompted such a design, the community might offer you alternative (and better) solutions