13 node cluster with 2 Data centres

Hi,

we are planning to have a 13 node cluster in each DC with 2 Data Centers and wanted to know is there any documentation for this kind of setup and what i see is a 12 node in 2 DC documentation in apigee docs. can anyone provide us the info and also the silent configuration file for this kind of setup.

Solved Solved
0 7 406
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can change the number of nodes in a DC based on your requirement

But unless you specify how your 13 node cluster is different than the documented 12 node installation, it is very difficult to comment on how the set up process is different

Please provide detaisl on how your topology is different ? what is the additional server being used for?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You can change the number of nodes in a DC based on your requirement

But unless you specify how your 13 node cluster is different than the documented 12 node installation, it is very difficult to comment on how the set up process is different

Please provide detaisl on how your topology is different ? what is the additional server being used for?

Thanks for your reply.

As per our requirement we are going with 13 node topology per DC. And now we have DR in another DC where it will be similar with 13 node. we wanted to install this setup and we wanted to know how the silent configuration looks like for each of the DC installation. Below is the 13 node topology.

Node 1- Router Node 2- Router Node 3- Message processor Node 4- Message processor Node 5- Management Server,Edge UI,LDAP Node 6- Management Server,Edge UI,LDAP Node 7- qpid server Node 8- qpid server Node 9- cassandra,zookeper Node 10- cassandra,zookeper Node 11- cassandra,zookeper Node 12- Postgres Node 13- Postgres

How is it different? Please don't make me compare 🙂

The difference was the toplogy i have is in one DC -13 nodes in the documentation of apigee its 6 nodes per DC. so as per documentation total 12 nodes for 2 DC's. where as we have total of 26 nodes for 2 DC's.

And another thing changes with my structure is in one DC i have postgress with master and slave (2 nodes) , where as per documentation we see only master (1 node) and another DR DC has slave(1 node). so my question is how do we have silent configuration of this model with 2 DC 's where each DC has master & slave .

@Rajesh Kumar

To the best of my knowledge, the way you are trying to set up postgres is not supported. But it would be good to cross validate my statement with someone else/Apigee support.

The Edge Configuration supports a master-slave configuration for Postgres (support for master-master replication has been a long standing request). You can choose to spread the master-slave across data centers or keep them within a single data center. I ended up splitting them across data centers. Also, note that the failover between postgres nodes is not automatic. You have to promote the slave to master explicitly.

If you are in doubt, have someone from Apigee support vet your topology. It's better to do it now, than find an issue six months down the line.

Thanks for your reply , will be checking with apigee support

what is the best solution you reach ?