APIGEE developer portal flow

In Apigee developer portal our flow is ready but facing one issue,

1. Now user can add/remove any product from application, Admin approval is not required for addition/deletion of product (Admin approved application first time).
  2. I think this is not correct as anybody can add/remove any product that where we may not want to give permission to that particular product. we need correct flow that Admin approval is required for any changes in product

@birute@google.com @Dino @Anil Sagar @Siddharth Barahalikar or someone from community, please can you suggest some solution on this would be really helpful.

0 8 354
8 REPLIES 8

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @Mohsin Khan , in API products we have options on who can access the products. Did you check them?

6891-devportal.png

Please let me know, if your issue is not related to this.

Hi @Siddharth Barahalikar

If I make public then that product is availalbe on dev portal and if made private then that wont appear on portal.

Yes I have checked this, but the question was is there are email alert service that can help once app and product associated with it are updated then we can provide email to Edge admin team..

If the key approval type is set to Manual. Whenever the product is added to an application an Admin/Owner approval is required to generate keys. Generally, an email is sent to the respective product owner to approve/reject the request.

you mean to say that, if anyone update the product on dev portal app then email is sent automatically or we need to configure this somehow on a portal.

Hi @Mohsin Khan, in a portal when a product is added to an application. It generates a set of keys to call the APIs.

So the generation of these keys can be automatic or manual. This option needs to be selected in the Product(as seen in above image).

When you selected Manual, whenever a product is added to an application, keys are not generated. Now in the Product applications page, the Admin can either approve or reject the application based on the applications & developer details.

Regarding the automatic email option, I am sure it is not available In the Nodejs Lite Portal. But in the full-featured Drupal portal, this should be possible. If it is not there OOTB, it can be configured.

I have seen that feature in other API tool portals but not sure with Apigee's Drupal Portal, so @Anil Sagar may give you a concrete answer.

@Anil Sagar would you like to add on what @Siddharth Barahalikar mention.

@Mohsin Khan ,

You can set role based access to API Product. See here,

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

Thanks @Anil Sagar this helped.