Read form data image files

Is there a way to read/assign images from form data ? Basically will receive two images in form data & will need to read/pass thru 1st image to backend api url1 and 2nd image to backend api url2?

postman.png

0 7 929
7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

We don't use node js. Is there a simpler solution to extract each image and use service callout to post ?

Any quick suggestion/sample would help.

Hi @vinay, did you explore converting the image to base64 & running trials with it?

I'm not sure if it makes sense. I will try and let you know.

sure.Looking for some options to do.

@Dino any thoughts as how to proceed?

There is no builtin policy today that parses a form payload and extracts the attached files. You will need to code an extension. Your options are:

• Java callout
  • Python callout
  • Nodejs target

A Javascript callout might also work, but using JavaScript to handle the octet stream is more challenging. basically when you retrieve request.content in a JavaScript callout, you're going to get a string, which... prevents you from accessing the bytes directly.

If I were doing this I would code it in nodejs.

BTW, I don't like the idea of using multipart/form-data for an API. That is what is causing this difficulty in handling the payload. If the API were in some more API-friendly framework, like JSON or ... just about anything else, then your challenge would be easier.

Is there some sample poc if you can provision which we can use via java/node.js as well.

we don't use much with node.js but will see if it feasible but the calls should be for two diff api calls.

image1->url1

image2->url2

please assist.