Why does Apigee only have a badge and not a formal certificate for the Apigee API Engineer Certification ?

mpurwar
Participant IV

Like many technology companies -Google Cloud, Oracle, AWS, Cloudbees Jenkins, etc.

Which issue a formal certificate, certifying the applicant's achievement in a particular technology.

Why does Apigee not have a formal certificate for the Apigee certification ?

Just a thought .........

2 5 753
5 REPLIES 5

ssisodiya
Participant III

agreed +1

Thanks for the question Mudit.

At this time, Apigee is only supplying a digital credential. This digital credential can be verified easily, and displayed on LinkedIn and other social networks, and verified by employers. For example, you can see the link to mine.

For a technology company, who specializes in securing and managing network interactions, a digital credential makes more sense than a paper certificate.

Keep in mind that the value in the certification is not the display of your accomplishment on the wall -- it is the knowledge and skill you have demonstrated to earn that certification. Take pride in your accomplishment, and know that you have demonstrated specialized expertise.

Kind regards,

~ Paul

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the response.

May be my choice of words was little off. I did not mean to have Apigee send a physical deliver y of a paper certificate or anything.

What i actually meant was use of more formal words in the certificate/ badge. Some thing like this - https://certificates.cloudbees.com/xj4pkyga.

At the end like you said, the real value from the certification is the knowledge and skill one demonstrates to earn that certification.

It was just a thought or a suggestion.

Cheers!!

-Mudit

P.S. - How long does it take for the badge to appear in Credly and Apigee Community once a candidate successfully completes the certification ?

Hi Mudit,

The process to issue certificates is run daily during normal business hours. Since you took your test on Saturday, you received the Credly certificate this morning.

We're revamping the credential on the community, and don't have an ETA for the new badges yet.

Cheers

Definitely agree, I passed my exam and surprised to know it takes weeks to get a digital badge with Apigee.

Only got a email.

When we compare with any other AWS, Azure or IBM the certifcates are issued as soon as test is complete.

Why is this important ?

1. The claiming process needs certificate and late means sometimes denied.